Commercial fasteners are designed to hold together multiple pieces with permanent or impermanent connections. There is a diverse variety of commercial fastener types for multiple applications. Some fasteners, like rivets, create a permanent attachment between separate pieces, while other fasteners, such as nuts and bolts, form a reversible connection. Industrial and commercial installers can further customize the fastening hardware with O-rings, which create a watertight seal around the fastening product, or spacers, which connect the pieces but with distance between them.
Types of Commercial Fasteners
Elite Fasteners offers a wide variety of commercial fasteners, including:
- Cap screws
- Machine screws
- Socket products
Applications for Commercial Fasteners
At Elite Fasteners, we supply high-quality commercial fasteners for a wide range of industries and applications, including:
- Automotive. Automotive fasteners are typically made of sturdy, nonreactive metals that can withstand high temperatures, exposure to the elements, and exposure to caustic or acidic chemicals from the engine or the road.
- Communications. The communications industry uses commercial fasteners to construct sturdy communications towers and more.
- Construction. The construction industry uses a wide variety of specialized fasteners. Screws, bolts, and other simple fasteners use specialized metals that won’t negatively react to tangential construction materials. Screws and nails must have the appropriate thickness and angles to penetrate and hold materials together without losing their grip or damaging the parts.
- Electronics and Electrical. Any metal components that work in proximity to electrical operations need to be manufactured from nonreactive metals that don’t interfere with the product’s functionality. Fasteners and connectors that hold wiring in place are carefully created from conductive metals that properly control the flow of electricity.
- Manufacturing. The manufacturing industry needs fasteners to hold together assembly and manufacturing equipment. Conveyor belts, CNC machines, warehouse vehicles, and more all need long-lasting fasteners to keep equipment in good working condition with minimal unscheduled downtime.
- Medical. Medical devices, surgical equipment, and medical implants use fasteners. Fasteners for implants feature special metals, such as titanium, that can safely be inserted into the human body without corrosion or degradation.
Material Options for Commercial Hardware
The type of material used for commercial fasteners will depend on the specific needs of the application. For example, automotive fasteners require metals that can withstand heat and exposure to the elements, while medical fasteners require biocompatible metals or metals that are easily sterilized.
Common commercial fastener materials include:
- Aluminum. This metal is lightweight, easy to work with, and resists corrosion. Manufacturers can mix it with stronger metals to produce specialized alloys.
- Brass. Brass is electrically conductive, which is useful for connector applications. It also has an appealing, lustrous appearance.
- Bronze. Bronze is available in a wide variety of alloys that suit different applications. Silicon bronze, for example, is strong, resistant to corrosion, and withstands outdoor and marine conditions. Bronze’s appealing appearance makes it a favorite for fasteners and hardware in woodworking.
- Ferrous metals. Ferrous metals are a class of metals with magnetic properties due to their iron content. Steel alloys and wrought iron are ferrous metals with high strength, making them an excellent choice for fencing and other structures.
- Non-ferrous metals. Non-ferrous metals, such as aluminum and zinc, don’t contain iron, meaning they can better withstand corrosion from moisture exposure.
- Stainless steel. This steel alloy contains chromium, making it resistant to corrosion. Stainless steel is a popular, lightweight, and strong option for consumer, commercial, and industrial applications.
Quality Military and Commercial Fasteners from Elite
Elite Fasteners, Inc. specializes in distributing high-quality fasteners made from a variety of materials to best suit dozens of military and commercial applications. To learn more about our capabilities, contact us, or request a quote today.